The fisheye lens offers attention-grabbing and distinctive perspectives, with the circular aperture diaphragm of the lens providing natural background blurring. The lens will also have an exceptionally large depth of field leading to unparalleled sharpness across the entire frame.
The ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Lens will open up a whole new world of possibilities to users of the Olympus E-System. It is planned for release from January 2006 with the price yet to be confirmed.
As with all Olympus lenses the 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Lens has a first class optical quality. An ED element is used to ensure chromatic aberration is kept to an absolute minimum, whilst the special multi-coating process that the lens undergoes during the manufacturing process substantially reduces susceptibility to ghosting and flaring.
The new lens also provides plenty of versatility in various shooting situations. For example, stunning close-up panoramic shots from as little as 2cm are possible using Macro shooting. The lens is also resistant to dust and water droplets so remains protected under more challenging conditions such as an unexpected rain shower.
The 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Lens can tackle even more gruelling environments. The optionally available PPO-E04 underwater lens port will allow the photographer to undertake the challenge of ultra-wide-angle photography under the water’s surface.
Together with the Olympus E-300 in its PT-E01 underwater case, fisheye perspectives of up to 153° can now be accurately captured underwater at depths of up to 40 metres leading to some stunning images. Further E-System accessories, such as underwater cases for flash units, are also available further extending the possibilities of underwater photography.
The ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Lens – main features
- Diagonal Fisheye Lens with 180°angle of view
- Focal length of 8mm (16mm fisheye on a 35mm camera), 1:3.5
- Focusing distances (object – sensor) as close as 13cm
- Minimum working distance 2cm from the lens front for wide-macro shooting
- ED lens element for minimised chromatic aberration
- Circular aperture diaphragm for natural background blurring
- Multi-coated lens elements to reduce ghosting and flaring
- Dust & water droplet resistance for enhanced reliability
- Suitable for underwater photography when used with optional
PPO-E04 underwater lens port and combined with Olympus E-300 & PT-E01 underwater case